2010-12-29

I'm having a bumpy problem.

For about 10 days now I have been battling some sort of strange acne explosion on my face. I seriously don't know if it's the new moisturiser I'm wearing, the weather making it worse, hormones, the fact that I left a stressful job or all of these together.

I seriously have been trying to stay away from make-up and only keeping myself to good skincare routine. Exfoliating without scrubbing and I even got a cream against spots with salicylic acid. It works well, I must say, but it takes time and I really don't like to show my red, bumpy face in public.

To the rescue I had 3 trusty products that I've been using for my days when I had to go outside. I really wanted to use as few products as possible and I'm very pleased.

This is what's been in my cosmetic bag for the passed week:


1. Face. Thank goodness for BB creams! These are so amazing, not only will it cover the blemishes and even out your skin tone like a foundation but also calm any blemishes, moisturise, keep sebum at bay and not clog your pores. I have been using the Dr Jart Black Label Blemish Base Detox Healing with SPF25, whitening properties to brighten old scars and with an anti ageing formula. I opted out from the Silver  Label for oily skin because it's winter, I need the moisture.

2. Eyes. With no eyeshadow I want to feel natural but still have the blackness and fullness of a fluttery lash. I have been using my trusty Ellis Faas mascara as it feels so soft on the lashes, even when you put many coats. I find mascara important when wearing nothing on the eye. It makes any eyes look more rested and awake!

3. Lips. Now I don't want to look bland and boring even with almost no make-up on. In this case I rather pull the attention to the lips as it distracts from any bumps that might show from underneath the BB cream or foundation. My choice is Eyeko's Liptastik lip gloss pen in Loud Mouth. This colour is pink and bold but not bright and over powering at all. It's rather long lasting, moisturising, fun and easy to apply. It's also cute and something I like to take out to reapply when I'm on the go.

It looks like I'll be stuck with this routine for a while, thank goodness I have all 3 colours of the Liptastik pens so I can change from day to day. I actually like the simplicity of the routine and I'm now scared to be lazy of going back to many more product a day. Hahaha! 

6 comments:

  1. The same here!Have been having spots for the last 2 weeks-no idea why!Thanks for the tips!xordering that dr.jart right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. You'll be pleased, I'm sure! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips, thanks for sharing your routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I hope your skin gets better Amelie! Good your using a BB cream to help treat it (although I am a bit skeptical with B.B Creams haha) - but if it is working, go ahead!!! It may be the season change, and your skin needs new products that will suit the season, or it also may be stress (hormones). One word of advice, eat healthy - it will show on the face! And plenty of water to cleanse your system from those nasties :)

    Happy New Year!!! <3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thank you for your concerne! I find BB cream works better then traditional foundation. I do use different skincare and i made a progress. Must drink more water, that is for sure.

    Happy New Year, may it be fantastic for you! x x x

    ReplyDelete