2011-01-02

BB cream sample pots!

I got a request from a dear friend of mine to give her a sample of BB cream. I had to choose the one without mineral oil and silicone. I accidentally got the wrong pots, a stack of five, so I decided to fill them with 5 BB creams I have that did not contain these ingredients.
This is the stack I made and I love to see all the different shades to the creams! BB cream does not work like foundation so the colours look different. When you put it on, with fingers, brush or sponge, you should blend it out and wait few minutes for it to merge with your skin tone. As always, not all brands and colours will suite you, this is why it's a big advantage to try it out first. Most creams come in 1 colour however few brands have started to make them in 2 or more shades. Also a BB cream is suppose to cover blemishes so the shades are made in colours to counteract redness. These are all made in South Korea.

Let me list the ones I've put in the sample stack:
Like a block of flats I started from the bottom.

1. Lioele, Triple The Solution BB cream SPF30 Whitening and Wrinkle care. I like this cream for it's rich texture. You can also see it in the pot being rather firm but it melts on the skin and glides on smooth and even. The tone is rather warm and I find the cream to be moisturising but not greasy.

2. Missha, Signature Real Complete BB cream SPF25. This cream is the most natural of them all, contains only natural ingredients. In texture it's much more runny then any of the others in the pots therefor not as opaque. It evens out skin tone and leaves it moisturised and glowing. Great thing about this one is that it comes now in 4 shades! I have the No13 witch is the lightest, very pale. For normal european skin I think No22 would be perfect, No25 if you get a tan and the new addition is No27.

3. L'egere, UV Whitening BB cream SPF 34 Soothing, Moisturising and Anti Wrinkle. This one is also richer in texture and as you can see looks rather dark in the pot. The magical thing with this one is that it blends into the skin morphing together with it and creates the perfect warm shade. One of my favourite ones in all areas accept that the shade is too dark for me, but then again, I'm extremely pale. Great for summer though!

4. Dr Jart, Silver Label Rejuvenating BB cream SPF 35 Whitening. Also a slightly richer texture witch goes on so smooth and even on the skin. The colour matches me very well and covers everything. The Silver Label is for normal to oily skin and it keeps the shine away.

5. Dr Jart, Black Label Detox Healing SPF25 Whitening and Anti Wrinkle. This one is for normal to dry skin and it has a slightly more pinkish tone. Leaves skin moisturised and has a very glowy finish. I love the way it evens out skin tone when you have blemishes and it doesn't cling to dry spots.

I know I personally made this pot for my friend and this post is for her to have a reference while trying them out but I though it might be nice to share with who ever is interested in the BB creams!

A tip. Before you put samples inside sample pots it's good to wipe them with an alcohol solution to disinfect them.

9 comments:

  1. You have the kindest heart-your friend should be very happy that you exist<3<3<3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy to be kind when having wonderful friends! x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it very much, and I get mine from this blog
    i-zakkaya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that is such a nice thing you did for your friend!!!!! Hello I commented on one of your videos by the way! :) (rocketbunnie on Youtube)

    you have quite an obsession with bb creams, havent you? haha :))) I was very fascinated when I found out about them (from beauty bloggers) and they look really nice, only I've read they clog pores ? is that true, have you broken out with them? It's always good to know more. :) yay for Korean stuff! :) I have a MISHA face cream in my stash.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love my skin 79 vip gold bb cream but i want to try something new.. what would you reccomend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Denise Hi! Yeah, I'm totally obsessed with BB cream as I find it much better to use rather then traditional foundations. It has never clogged my pores. Normally mineral oils clog pores, so stay away from those. BB creams are often sweat proof so when you take it of at night you have to make sure to use good facial wash, so the residue of your make-up will not clog the pores. :o) Yeay for korean stuff!

    @Wifyhome Hi! Depending if you are bit paler I would go for one of the Dr Jart, Black for dry skin or Silver for oily skin. The Silver one is rather pale. I really like the L'egere BB cream as it makes the skin feel super soft! For me, it's bit too dark, I'm crazy pale, but if you're using the Skin79 VIP Gold then I think you might really like the L'egere one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh good to know it didn't clog your pores! :)) okay, I will keep that in mind, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you say Lioele one suits NW20 skintone?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Melly, I think the Lioele would suit a NW20 well. :o)

    ReplyDelete